Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reflections on World Youth Day


Andrew Vandal is from the SS Joseph & Elizabeth Council in Sykeston, ND. Here's what he had to say about his experience:

My favorite moment was when we started meeting the other WYD pilgrims. The most memorable was when I started making international friends with my light-up Frisbee.

My most valuable lesson I learned is that no matter what race you are from, or the color of your skin, all the pilgrims in Sydney believed in the same risen Christ. I could see it in every pilgrim’s faces that they were ready to meet St. Peter’s successor and proclaim their faith with him.

It was a thrill to see the Pope. I could feel the Holy Spirit radiating from him. You could tell from his smile that he was happy to be there. I got close to fifteen feet away from him when he came to the Randwick Racecourse.

It was fun to be around other people from other nationalities because then you could find out who was the first missionary of their country and other things about them. I also had fun trading trinkets with the different countries.

What I was reminded of again about my Catholic Faith is that no matter who you are or where you are from, somewhere in the world someone is praying for you.

No comments: