Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reflections on World Youth Day

Matt Kuettel of St. Anthony and Maria-Hilf Council in Saint Paul, Minn. said, "While seeing the Pope was an experience that will not be forgotten, I think that hearing his words has affected me more. The Pope is a very holy man, and while he is the vicar of Christ, he is not Christ. His words, however, are more important because he has been given the authority to speak for the Church, and under the guidance of the Spirit, his words are never wrong."

Matt says that his favorite moment of World Youth Day "was praying in front of Christ in the Eucharist at our Catechesis site. There was a real peace and beauty in the church and prayer was easy. Listening to Christopher West and other speakers were also great opportunities to continue my conversion to Christ."

"I am very grateful to Catholic Aid for all they did to help me go to Australia. Their financial support helped me acquire the funds necessary to make the lengthy trip and I am a better person because of it; thank you Catholic Aid." - Matt Kuettel

No comments: